Spymonkey takes data protection seriously: we care about both the rights of individuals whose data we hold or process, and about our responsibilities as a company limited by guarantee in receipt of public funding. We are committed to taking an open, informed and honest approach to how we use data, and to protecting your personal information.
We are Spymonkey, a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 04228825 and registered address GOLDSTONE VILLAS, EUROPA HOUSE, HOVE, EAST SUSSEX, BN3 3RQ United Kingdom.
- using Spymonkey’s website which is currently at spymonkey.co.uk; or
- signing up to our mailing list online or using a paper sign-up form; or
- currently subscribed to our mailing list; or
- filling out a paper feedback form; or
- who has told a venue where we perform that you are happy for them to pass information you have given them about yourself to us; or
- attending a Spymonkey workshop or training event.
The personal data we may hold about you is:
- information you provide us in an online or paper form (for example, your name and contact details, or feedback about our work);
- your communications with us (for example when you use the contact form on our website or write to us by email);
- information about your purchases and your interactions with our communications that we can access through the services we use to do this – currently Mailchimp, PayPal, DropBox;
- your usage of the Spymonkey website, for example, what you look at or access, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, information about your computer, including – where your browser provides this – your IP address, operating system and browser type;
- information about you that you have told a venue where we perform that you are happy for them to pass to us;
- provide a service to you (for example by emailing you about the time and location of events) and, if you are a registered user, to help us manage your user account;
- help demonstrate the impact and reach of our work to organisations who fund us;
- manage our organisation and improve what we do;
- personalise your experience of our websites;
- communicate with you about ourselves, our work and work from others that we think you might find interesting;
- help us sell more tickets.
The value we aim to give you in return for you letting us use your personal data is:
- to let you know about when and where our work is on, including productions and workshops, and how you can get tickets;
- to let you know about other creative work that we think you may be interested in;
- to tailor what we send you by better understanding what you are interested in;
- to be part of a community that shares values around our work;
As of 25th May 2018, if you are currently subscribed to our newsletter we will continue to contact you about our productions, projects and workshops. We will process your data for these purposes on the basis of legitimate interest. This means that we think you have a reasonable expectation of hearing from us for the above purposes, based on your engagement with Spymonkey to date.